Saturday 22 April 2017

Never Too Early


Hello all you lovely crafters, hope you've all had a super week.
We've had a cold and windy week here although the sun is shining this afternoon and it's nice to see it. 
I haven't had much time to craft this week more's the pity as I'm beginning to look forward to it again, just wish the mojo would catch up!!

How many of us sit playing for hours and have nothing to show for it in the end. I have a huge bag of die cuts 'that will come in' for later and when I go to use one, find it's not the colour I wanted or just the right size etc,,,,,,think I'll donate them to the school where my sister works, the kids will have a field day.

I did have an arrgggghh monent the other night. Having cut all the pieces I wanted for my card I placed them where I wanted them to be, and oh yep it looked just right soooo I slipped them all to one side ready to glue them down....... and lost a butterfly.  HOW.... I hadn't move from my chair, it was no-where to be seen, not on the table, not on the floor (although the floor does looks a bit of a collage) not on me, not up my sleeve,  JUST CUT ANOTHER ONE..... now I remember why I don't put things back, it's in case I need it again.  Well finished and went downstairs for a cuppa.
Hubby asked me ......'.What have you stuck a butterfly to your glasses for.....'
OH MY GOD....!!!!!
Good stuff that glue.

I made a few Christmas cards a while back so I'm sharing one of those.
A Tilda of course.
I stamped onto textured linen card and I quite liked the grainy effect when I coloured her in.











Recipe

Cozy Tilda, coloured with Aquablend pencils cut out using Spellbinders ovals and inked around the edges with walnut stain.
Background stamp, magnolia snowflake.
ferns, magnolia doohickey.
Tim Holtz, poinsettia, bigz die. and on the edge  snowflake die.
memory box snowflake
Marianne, rolled roses
papers from stash
sentiment from LOTV.
pearls and ribbon from the ribbon girls.

Ta ta for now.
Hugs Sue.

20 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful Christmas card Sue! Love the image and gorgeous poinsettias. You did make me laugh with the story of your missing butterfly.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card and love the flowers and design. Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland and hope you join us again. Carol S. DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see you posting again Sue, love your card it's absolutely gorgeous, super sweet!
    Hugs
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sweetie lovely to see and hear from you again ha ha love the butterfly story. As for your card its just gorgeous love the colours hugs Cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Butterfly glasses! Could well start a new trend! :)) Isn't it just so annoying when 'bits' disappear! At least you found where yours went... sometimes things disappear from here and are never seen again!
    beautiful Christmas card Sue, love the colours.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous and yes never to early
    hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fabulous Christmas card, you are so clever to get ahead. Love your sweet Tilda and the design. Thank you for sharing with us over at Magnolia-licious challenge. Good luck !!
    hugs Suzi

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely read Sue! And what a lovely card! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous adore the blues and the background glad to see your back 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looove the linen effect and your card is Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is lovely. The image is so sweet and your card is beautifully embellished.
    Thank you for sharing this with us at Noor Design UK.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a very pretty card! Love all of your pretty flowers. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CCAYR! Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this is just gorgeous - I love those flower dies. Thank you so much for entering the CCAYR (Use Flowers) Challenge this month, lots of luck to you. Hugs Sue Pxxx DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    PS - I bet the butterfly looked fab on your glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this is an amazing card. Love your flower embellishments - just perfect to showcase little Tilda.
    Thank you for playing along with us at CCAYR.
    Have a wonderful day!
    ♥ Lena - DT
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds very much like our house! The things I can loose lol..Just found a stamp folder in with my Christmas papers!! been missing a month...Love your Tilda. Such pretty colours and GORgeous embellishments.
    Chrissyxx
    I'm of an age when butterflies were on glasses lol...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! The diecuts are gorgeous. Thanks for playing along at the ABC Christmas Challenge.
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning! Thanks for joining at Magnolia Forever: Flowers
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CARDS ALL YEAR 'ROUND challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete