Friday 6 April 2018

And another one.

Hello to all you lovely crafters.

 Have the diets started now after Easter. Mine has in my head, just not put it into practice yet!
I thought I'd be safely away from chocolate not having kids at home now but didn't factor in the Grandsons arriving with theirs and buying one for 'Nanna'
Aaaggghhh. Too much temptation!!
'Eat up all your dinner be a good girl'  my eldest Finley said  'and you can have some chocolate Nanna'  aww bless, just couldn't disappoint now could I?

Well hope we've seen the last of the snow now. I didn't get the the craft show as it snowed us all in here and I was gutted. I'b been so looking forward to it. I needed some inspiration having not crafted for a while and wanted to see what was new so I've been visiting some really inspirational blogs to get the mojo going again. Boy there is some fab designs out there.

So I hit the web and decided to spend my money online. Bought some new Maggie's and couldn't wait for them to arrive.............. Then my exhaust fell off my car...........Great...
Thank goodness I paid for them before or I would have felt guilty spending as you do and well I would have spent anyway if I'd gone to the show now wouldn't I???

Then my poor Grandson got Chicken pox. Poor soul was covered in spots. It's so hard trying to tell a two year old not to scratch. Good old Calomine, remember being doused in it myself as a child.
He was so proud of his spotty torso and was happy to show it to anyone that wanted to see it,  lil cutie.
So as a treat his mum took him to the drive through at Macdonalds, which he calls the green chicken shop as its painted green!!
'What would you like' the assistant asked, my Grandson said 'Chicken Pox please', soooo funny.

It was my youngest Daughter's birthday on Wednesday too, she is now 25yrs young. I had intended to hand deliver her card but as my car was off the road I rang her to sing Happy Birthday and I pretended to pull her hair 25 times and one for good luck and she said ouch 26 times, you've probably gathered we're all nuts in our family!  She did call for it later in the day though.


Onto my card.

I thought I'd have a play with my pencils and do a monochrome with a splash of colour for a change just to play with the shading.









I'll add a list of items used once I find them all. I really must try to be a tidier crafter ;-)


Challenges

Enjoy your weekend.
Hugs Sue xx.

8 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Sue. Your Grandchildren sound adorable. Sadly I will never be a Grandmother. Your family sound mad but lovely. Fun to be around.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous Sue! Love the design and colours and the bow is beautiful! I am going to finish my last egg tonight and then its salads all next week:)
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Sue, love the monochrome and the subtle splash of colour!
    Hugs Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous,love the shading of the image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your comments on my blog. I am glad you are back as you have a lovely blog and you are indeed talented. Loved this card, and I am a Nana too!!! And our family is nuts too so I can so relate to your little family description. Stay well, and keep a smile in your heart! Big Hugs xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your post made me chuckle Sue, you have had a lot going on but glad you managed to get your Tildas..FABulous pencil colouring and love your gorgeous card design..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Sue! It's so sweet and pretty.
    It's such a shame you missed the craft show, I'm off to one in Shepton Mallet today & dread to think what I'm going to spend on things I really don't need lol.
    I hope your grandson is recovering from chicken pox xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning Sue, love the hint of colour with the monochrome. Shame about the craft show but it's always good to have an online spend! Carol x

    ReplyDelete